Monday, February 17, 2014

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?


Where are the jobs?

I've hungered through the night

Foreclosing on my home

My children and I


Left in the cold

Fills me up with fright

Where are the Jobs?

Who's there to bail me out?

The Congress keeps on dithering

Mocking my lack of political clout

Where are the Jobs?

Republicans say hunt 

For your own meat

They voted for the bank bailouts 

Whose CEO's mottos 

Are gamble steal and cheat

Where are the Jobs?

Is anybody there?

You've done nothing 

For 5 years now

How can politicians claim they care?

Where are the Jobs?

Why haven't we extended 

Emergency

Unemployment benefits?

You want to go to war

Yet won't take care of us 

On your own shore

Why treat the American people 

As economic impediments?

WHERE ARE THE JOBS!

Finally! 

A voice to help

AT LAST!

Oh So Sweet!

The clarion call 

For the millions of us all

Is coming from 

OCCUPY WALL STREET!

No comments:

Post a Comment